5th May 2018 Saturday – Well known Scottish boy band from the 80/90s - see Temperament

Hello Everybody!
Route: Paw Paw to Meyersdale

For the non-mathematicians out there:
Distance: 58miles (Total 389)
Average speed: 9.8mph
Calories: 1,846
Cycling time: 5h 55min
Average cadence: 64 rpm
Climb: 2,356ft, Descent: 1,014ft
Temperament: Wet, Wet, Wet
Aver Temp: 19C, Max temp 24C

OK so the first word uttered in this video is the answer to yesterday’s question. If you are asking yourself “what question” then please go back to GO and do not pass jail.

Here is the video:

So “Arse” it is then. And by Sir Lancelot’s cod piece, this is no a trivial matter. Oh no, not trivial, no.

After days in the saddle strange things can go on “down there”. Made more tricky as I no longer have Ruth to “give it a good look”. I am however sending daily pictures of my derrière (or Fanny as they say here) to Ruth who comments with varying degrees of clarity, depending on how long the yardarm has been breached. Ruth is happy to send these to anyone who wants them, as both Dot and Margaret have made early requests to help spice up their regular coffee mornings, well part coffee mainly vodka but I am not spreading rumours, oh no, not. Back to ASI, so with lots of "dab dab" cream i.e. Sudocrem things seemed to be going OK so far. I will no doubt come back to this subject as the ASI is never very far from my thoughts.

The day was level from Paw Paw to Cumberland when it went uphill for 19 miles (honest) but the gradient was only between 1%-3%, no that hard but it does get on your nerves after a while. The day was also mostly WET.

I did receive my first proper, real dogs attack. They (as in pair) came out of a dip in the road and were both fairly large mutts. They could have been hit my traffic but they held up about 10 feet from me and barked their heads off. After they were called back I chatted to their owner who said: “they don’t bite, well not always anyway”. Thanks for that.

I was only 5 miles away and ended up in a very nice but ever so slightly “up-budget” B&B in Mayersdale. It has some very nice touches though, like ears plugs. Why earplugs? Well a train went past my room within 25 metres, about 2 minutes after I had paid. Also they love their horns in America and sound them almost always. I was so tired that I only woke up once during the night.


Prior to sleep, my meal and odd drinkypoos were held in a lovely establishment, once owned by the Krays based upon the clientele, with a Prom going on downstairs, a live band upstairs (where I was) and the walls were visibly moving, assuming you had an Xray microscope, which I forgot to pack.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th July 2018 - The final, final and thrice final blogpost until next year

23rd June 2018 Saturday – Tougher than it looked

Final Blog Post