30th May 2018 Wednesday – Some woman is following me, I’m sure of it

Hello Everybody!
Route: Rush Center to Scott City

For the non-mathematicians out there:
Distance: 87 miles (Total 1,942)
Average speed: 13.5mph
Calories: 2,412
Cycling time: 6h 29min
Average cadence: 66 rpm
Climb: 1,342ft, Descent: 338ft (Ken’s height)
Heart (yes I have one): Max 128 Aver 115
Aver Temp: 30C, Max temp 38C only
Temperament: I wish I could move Redbourn to Kansas

I do believe that Rush Center is some magical place in that magical place, known to a few of us, as Kansas. Sandy had previously mentioned Ellie’s place over the road for breakfast so I hung around to wait for it to open. I discovered that it had already opened when I walked across the road to “have a look”. I asked if I could join the motley crew who were comfortably munching on cookies, cake and coffee – the Three C’s of any good nutritious breakfast. To say their average age was closer to Ruth’s than mine would be a correct statement. However, Ellie takes the cookie as she is 93 and still going strong.

The Motley Crew - Ellie in front as always

I got chatting to the group – see photo and we had a very nice time with me munching cake and cookies as if they were just coming out of the Ark. After getting my free breakfast, as Ellie does not seem to charge cyclist much or anything at all, I bade them all goodbye and took to my ever ready Blossom, who was biting at the reins to get going. And get going we did – I tried to slow down a bit at times but we were just going along very nicely indeed.

After about 12 miles I came across a petrol station and as I approached I thought to myself “I think I know that woman”. Yes, Sandy was filling up so I rode in and said hello again. Sorry she was filling up her car with petrol not filling up herself. We had a quick chat and I then asked her for my lunch but she told me to “go away” as she was clean out of turkey. Not really but it was nice to see her again, even for a short time. Sandy if you ever come to the UK, look us up, please.

I ended up stopping in Ness City (Elliot was not in that day) and then Dighton, I arrived into Scott City and booked into my motel. 

It's on left, I had breakfast in the motel on the right

Motels are getting much better – this one was really clean, fridge, microwave, Telly and table and chairs. Showered in a matter of hours I went to a lovely restaurant called Tate’s who mainly did burgers. I had a chicken salad and a mushroom burger and some free beer. They really don’t seem to understand courses in Merica as again I got both courses at the same time. Luckily I eat like a ravaged zombie when hungry, so the food was soon gone and I was gone back to my room and beddy-byes.

Frankie was joining me for a beer and dinner.
He's very good company.

Another good day with a very happy average speed but the legs are beginning to feel it. And there may be an ASI issue coming up from the side rails but I’ll let you all know how that develops. Unless you find such subjects abhorrent in which case I will send you the video.

Kisses & Love, Frankie & Alan

I may be away in Merica
But you are all in my thoughts
Nothing better to think about whilst cycling miles
But nothing better than to look forward to seeing you all again

Doesn’t flipping rhyme whichever way I try
Maybe my days as a wrapper are numbered - I have got the term right, yes?

Comments

  1. Maria Luisa M'Causland4 June 2018 at 10:50

    for sure your days are numbered as a wrapper, but you can still give it a try as a rapper... just make sure you keep the 2 Rs, unless you want Ruth to go and bail you out??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th July 2018 - The final, final and thrice final blogpost until next year

23rd June 2018 Saturday – Tougher than it looked

7th June 2018 Thursday – Made it Ma, top of the world