8th May 2018 Tuesday – Short and sweet

Hello Everybody!
Route: Wheeling to Barnesville
For the non-mathematicians out there:
Distance: 44 miles (Total 602)
Average speed: 10.1mph
Calories: 1,401
Cycling time: 4h 22min
Average cadence: 64 rpm
Climb: 2,572ft, Descent: 2,539ft
Temperament: A good half day, nice free time
Aver Temp: 27C, Max temp 33C

This was a half day to keep the legs a-turnin and the miles a-countin. See, already learning Merican.

The trip from Kelly’s house was very much downhill once I got some temperamental up-hills out of the way. When I thought I had been to Wheeling yesterday, I had just travelled through the commercial end and Wheeling “proper” was quite a few miles away, or so it seemed. Anyway, the day was bright and beautiful and hot – it turns out that the weather is very different this year – much warmer (I agree) but also harder to forecast (I agree also).

My first main view of Barnesville is shown here and I have to say it looks like a postcard from a 50s B-movie – it just needs an alien spaceship with a death ray killing some cows in a nearby field. [EDITOR NOTE: Yes these will be added when technology allows. Hold your horses, partner] 

I had arranged to stay in a lovely B&B and Paula and Jimmy were lovely hosts. Their house was very well decorated and maintained – see photos which do not really do it justice. I had my own little studio apartment area, with my own coffee machine. It was the same type of coffee machine as the one that Ruth couldn’t operate in Washington if that helps anyone?

For my evening meal, I went to the local “Mom & Pops” restaurant about 1.3739 miles away. They served me a lovely spaghetti with tomato sauce as I had said I did not want any meatballs. However, upon arrival and after closer examination, it did contain maybe, perhaps just a few meatballs and the waitress said that the chef had forgotten to take them out but I could have them for free anyway. I said, try again please, which they did.

The Sun keeps getting closer - or is it a flying saucer, tune in next week for the next thrilling episode of "Things that go Ow Bump in the night"






Other photos from the day




When I got back I had another coffee from the same machine Ruth could not work out. Coffee tastes much better from these machines I think, Ruth, what do you think? Either way, I slept like a baby especially after watching two episodes of the US “The Office”. Night, night everyone, including Franklin

Love & Kissies from Alxx - that's Al with two kisses not Alxx obs.




Comments

  1. Getting there Bro. We are OK here in sunny Spain and the most we have cycled is 20 miles. In two weeks the rest of the family will be here. Heather, Mark &TB and Adam and Emma, all for a short visit. Hope you've got a place booked somewhere for the Royal wedding ;). Bro John.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th July 2018 - The final, final and thrice final blogpost until next year

23rd June 2018 Saturday – Tougher than it looked

Final Blog Post